Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WHAT DO WE NEED?
Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:38 pm by Taeron

» I is so...
Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:18 am by Rayblon

» So math is my best subject...
Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm by Rayblon

» Tragedy....
Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:57 pm by Rayblon

» A New Beginning
Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 am by Taeron

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Like Literocity? Tell your friends and help our community grow!

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine?

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine?

Post by Taeron Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 am

mhm sure
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alcohol: Scourge of humanity or misunderstood medicine?

Post by AdrianKings Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm not a partier either. I rarely even attend my youth group parties. I prefer to stay home and read
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:20 am

What is with you people and youth groups? ._.

I was just like you once. I was gonna be that shut in that nobody talked to my whole life, I thought. Then people at my school finally matured and my social life blossomed. It will eventually happen, and if you try to fight it, your resistance will be whittled away over the years.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

https://literocity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianKings Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:43 pm

The people at my school will never mature so....
My resistance has grown over the years, not whittled
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Youth groups are a religion thing,rayblon. You atheists don't understand :p

Also, my parents would kill me if I went to parties.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianKings Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Taeron, I think you just put a knife in Rayblon's heart.

My parents wouldn't kill me unless there was alcohol or drugs at the party
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm

That too. But I'm just not allowed to go to parties, in general. Unless it's for youth group or if it's just a group of me and my most trusted friends.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Just because I don't believe in peopls' faith doesn't mean I'm ignorant to them, Taeron.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 pm

That's not what I meant. It has nothing to do with beliefs..
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:01 pm

It really does when you start analyzing what goes on. Anything sponsored by a church or collective has a distict, but not always immediately visible purpose.

And by peoples' faiths I meant practices of faiths, including things like youth groups.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 pm

True. But youth group for my religion is for kids 12-18 and you can bring "visitors" (friends that are within the age range). And we do all kinds of fun activities, but also incorporate a message into the activity. For example, today my youth group is going to a youth conference with another ward, and we'll be doing fun activities and having classes. (There's going to be a protest near there, so let's hope I don't get shot and die.)
Also,on our last activity we went to this place called the Ancient City. And we got to ride in a boat then went biking around its gardens.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 pm

We also do service projects and stuff like that.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianKings Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 am

Taeron, that's similar with my youth group. Sadly, I don't quite fit in with several of them so rarely join in with youth activities.

Rayblon, could I get an opinion about something since you are atheist? Would it be wrong to invite an atheist to church? Some of my friends are atheist, but I want them to come with me during some of the fun youth stuff that I do attend. We do have a message during each event which might bother them, but the rest of it is games.
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 am

I kinda feel the same way. At first, I kept silent and talked to no one but now that I'm more comfortable, we're all like best friends. There was this one girl who hangs out with my older brother a lot and I thought she didn't like me. I told him about it and told him not to say anything. Well, he ended up telling her all about it and it confused her. But the activities we have are fun and awesome, and so are the other youth. Maybe try connecting with them more,Adrian?
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:33 pm

@Adrian You have to find a group of people you feel most comfortable around, and it may not always be the one you're guided toward. I, myself, don't mind church related activities, but it varies from person to person. There are several factors to consider, like how the other attendees feel about atheists, how much the person you wish to invite advocates their belief, and their sentiments of religion.  Thematic messages are generally tolerable but few atheists are comfortable deferring good fortune and their accomplishments to a higher power. I suggest asking them if they're comfortable with it.

@Taeron
No community is the same, just because you found satisfaction in attendance doesn't mean she will. Razz
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:41 pm

No,no,no.  You show up TO the activity, but you don't always have to join in.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 pm

@Taeron That's what attendance means...
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 am

Actually, no.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 pm

at·tend·ance
əˈtendəns/
noun

1. the action or state of going regularly to or being present at a place or event.
    "my attendance at church has been irregular lately"

You were saying?
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 am

It depends on your leaders.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianKings Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Taeron wrote:No,no,no.  You show up TO the activity, but you don't always have to join in.
But why would you show up if you weren't going to join in?

I probably won't ever get completely used to my youth group. But I have found some people I can handle being around. It's a small amount since I can't handle alot of people at school or the people at home or church.

Thanks Rayblon. Smile
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am

Sometimes people will sit out of the activity. We had to play ultimate frisbee during youth conference and there were some girls who were sitting and talking with the leaders instead of playing.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianKings Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:06 pm

That's boring.
Today is the day for the youth's amazing race! Very Happy
AdrianKings
AdrianKings
Reader
Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum