Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WHAT DO WE NEED?
Unwind         EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:38 pm by Taeron

» I is so...
Unwind         EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:18 am by Rayblon

» So math is my best subject...
Unwind         EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm by Rayblon

» Tragedy....
Unwind         EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:57 pm by Rayblon

» A New Beginning
Unwind         EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 am by Taeron

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Like Literocity? Tell your friends and help our community grow!

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Unwind

3 posters

Go down

Unwind         Empty Unwind

Post by Rayblon Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:51 pm

It's a great, if not utterly terrifying book. I really can't say anything about the book because it really removes the shock factor, but I recommend watching this trailer for it before reading it. I'll say that you only see what happens in the trailer once in the book. It's hard to scare me, but this book didn't scare me, it horrified me, and it's all the more terrifying in that the plot is viscerally real. Life could change and society may well turn in this direction!

Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

https://literocity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unwind         Empty Re: Unwind

Post by Taeron Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Well, there are already hospitals in the UK that have admitted to burning foetal remains in order to fuel their hospitals.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:14 am

Hey, kill two birds with one stone. You cremate the remains and get heat out of it. If you don't actually use the heat you're polluting the atmosphere with more heat than it can handle for nothing. I'd disagree with the practice if they didn't make use of the byproducts. I believe the burned remains are also sometimes used as fertilizer, so I suppose that's a pretty good relation to the 'they never actually die' thing too.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by BlahkabelisonX Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:11 am

I got Unwind earlier today, actually. Although I'm only around sixty pages in. It's very good so far.
BlahkabelisonX
BlahkabelisonX

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:31 am

Abortion angers me beyond reason. Personally, I believe that if you go through abortion, you are a murderer. Especially the doctors that agree to do it.  I don't care if the bodies are used for cremation. I don't care if the woman giving birth doesn't want her baby. She is the one who chose to risk pregnancy. At least she (meaning all women who want/go through with abortion) could give up her baby to someone who actually wants a child (there are many women out there who can't give birth but want children) or give the baby to an adoption center. But abortion? The very thought of it sickens me.

On a side note, you can argue that a baby wasn't even born and was only a fetus. Yeah well, give it some time and it could have been a human being. How would you feel if your parents didn't want you? How would you feel if you didn't have the sibling(s) you do now if your parents had chosen differently?
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 am

We've got problems with overpopulation as it is. For every new person born, another starves because of it. Limited supply and unlimited demand leaves only death in its' wake under these circumstances. Sometimes the parent can't afford to raise the child, other times they may be storked away to an orphanage just to end up on the streets when they get the boot. It's a question of "Is this a life anyone would want to live?". As for choosing to risk pregnancy, a huge amount of abortions are rape babies. Bastard children born of a heinous crime that serve as stark reminders of the time someone got raped have to be aborted, since their very existence would(and does) cause emotional distress, even if it's not the child's fault. 

The supply of children up for adoption is higher than the demand, sadly. Of course, gay couples are a prominent adopting party, no surprise there. The UK hospitals also burned stillborns and miscarriages which were factored into the number to make it sound bigger than it is in the media. 

If my parents didn't want me, I wouldn't care. Nothing hits home to me anymore. You know why that is.

If I had one less sibling, that would be fine by me. I was the youngest of three, one of which was sent to indiana at a young age because my parents couldn't afford to care for her. She's also the reason why my mother stopped talking to her guardians. She manipulates people and is damn good at toying with people's emotions. The trouble is, changing the way anything happens before I'm born will cause a different sperm to fertilize the egg, which is neither inherently good, nor bad. I just wouldn't be me. The same goes for if they lived in a different house or ate a different meal one day, I wouldn't exist. Had life been a bit more hospitable, I'd have been pained by the sight of people in oversized families living in flats overlooking the street of a ghetto. Abortions are free of suffering, there's a nervous system, but not a brain capable of understanding the sensation, a brain without a sense of self or even free will. Life waiting for adoption without any luxuries or living off of scraps left in people's garbage just to survive the week because my mother can't pay for food AND the bills is a truly miserable existence, full of suffering.

I think a more relevant question here is "How would you feel if you were aborted?". Quite frankly, this is the only one that matters. For a couple of weeks after a baby is born, there is no personality, just reflexes and standard responses to stimuli. For the first few weeks, they are quite literally robots.

What about the morning after pill? It has the possibility of causing the ejection of a fertilized ova. It could have grown into a human. What about condoms? One of those sperm could have become human. Why do we need to be faithful? If a woman has her period, she just killed an egg. It could have been a human! Why not just have a couple thousand test tube babies grown, harvested from your ovaries? They could have been human beings! Abortion is arbitrary, minute, miniscule. Thousands of possible humans die every few seconds, menstruation, menopause, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, even a solid strike to the abdomen can butcher a woman's supply of eggs. That's how they used to abort babies. They beat their wives or their patients until they were satisfied the fetus was bludgeoned to death.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow. Are you really that heartless,rayblon? By burning foetal remains, you have no respect for the dead and a potential life. They toss them as if they were trash. And where is your proof that if some babies weren't aborted, there would be more mouths to feed?Everyone has an equal chance to live.Who are they to decide who lives and dies? You're basically saying that some people have more of a right to live than others. How dare you.

Although, in cases of rape,incest,etc. or where the mother's life is in danger, I do think it's all right for her to abort. Adoption centers would be a better choice, though. But you're wrong there - there are more people who want children than those who give them away. 
Those "fetuses" have just as much a right to live as you do.
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 pm

You clearly never objected to the fact that not all eggs get fertilized, granted life beyond the egg. They had a chance to live, but they didn't. Abortion is no different from the natural processes we call menstruation, in my opinion. Answer this question honestly though, what, if any, moral distinction can be made between an egg and a fetus? 

Let's not forget, either, that every minute someone DIES giving birth or due to pregnancy. That's a little more than half a million women each year. These aren't just any deaths, though. They're brutal. Some die from extreme internal hemorrhaging, while other's would have body parts literally die still attached to them d/t pregnancy caused blood clots stopping blood flow and get sepsis, more still die because of a weakened immune system, malnutrition, and some others due to unknown causes. This statistic may do so much as double if nobody ever aborts again.

I actually found a bunch of adoption statistics released by the department of health and human services. Check it. It's adopted vs. overall. You can tell that the adopted children have notably higher negative stats. It's not a better life, it's not even on par with normal life, and part of it is because they know what happened subconsciously, certain things don't click with them in regards to their adoptive parents, it is, like homosexuality, a chemical affair(Personality and care is also pretty significant, but parent-child associations are mostly chemical).

Adopted children social and emotional well-beingAdoptedAll Children
Ever diagnosed with depression (age 2+)9 %4 %
Ever diagnosed with ADD/ADHD (age 6+)26 %10 %
Ever diagnosed with behavior conduct problems (age 2+)15 %4 %
Problems with social behaviors (ages 6+)14 %9 %
Exhibits positive social behaviors (ages 6+)88 %94 %

If you look on line three, you'll notice a huge force in the realm of adoption is gays, percentage wise. There is no significant difference in quality of live when adopted by opposite or same sex couples, though it doesn't say on this table.
Unwind         Gay-adoption-statistics
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayblon Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Maybe we should move this thread to politics and religion now... xD

Also, I hope you don't get irked about any of what we say. .-.
This is kind of casual discussion for me.
Rayblon
Rayblon
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Taeron Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm

I never said I didn't object to the egg fertilization thing. I just didn't talk about it. There's a difference...

But yeah, we should probably take a break from religion and politics. Razz
Taeron
Taeron
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum